Designed by Australian Olympic Rider Amanda Ross this five point elastic breastplate offers outstanding stability with a softness that even the most sensitive horses wont rub.
With 5 points of attachment, this breastplate will keep any saddle stable. The attachments to the top of the saddle can be removed to make it a 3 point breastplate.
The double elastic sides, which are fully adjustable and can be moved up and down to suit your horses shoulder shape, flow down to a gel padded leather V. The shape of the V allows the angle of the breastplate to be pitched along the shape of the horses shoulder, giving the horse maximum shoulder freedom without compromising the stability.
The strap comes with a clip for easy attachment to the girth. This clip can be removed if you prefer to run cross country without a clip for added safety. This breastplate also offers many grip points for an unseated rider.
Please note our dark havana is a very dark brown.
FLEXIBLE FIT AR 5 POINT BREAST PLATE
How to maintain your bridle/leather product
Flexible Fit products are unique in that they are pre oiled in the vegetable tanning process. You will notice how soft the leather is when you receive your Flexible Fit product, and this means that maintaining your bridle/leather products is simple.
The following steps should be adhered to in order to maximise the life of your product.
- Once you receive your product, try it on for fit. Do not do up the buckles as this will mark the leather, instead thread through the keepers in case you need to exchange the size. When you are certain that it fits properly, do the following BEFORE use.
- Use a leather cream such as Effax Leather Balsam to nourish and moisturise the leather. You will need to pay particular attention to the headpiece and make sure it is well moisturised.
- During the first two weeks of use you should cream your bridle 2-3 times per week to lubricate the leather fibres.
- DO NOT condition the leather every day after the first two weeks.
- DO NOT EVER use liquid oil.
- Once the leather is soft and well-conditioned, maintenance should be minimal. Occasional creaming is recommended once every 1-2 months.
- An occasional saddle soap can be used and can be wiped with a damp cloth at owner’s discretion by following product label directions. Do not use product on the bridle every day.
- If your bridle looks cracked or creased, you have not given the leather adequate leather conditioner, or not adequately conditioned the bridle before use.
- Clean your patent with a petroleum jelly (minimal amount)