Our plain flat English leather halter is one for the classics. Perfect for every day use or for special occasions, this halter is padded with our unique gel over the nose and poll for comfort. With stainless steel fitting for durability and strength.
Adjustable on the nose and both sides of the poll straps, these halters have a fixed lead ring and a quick release clip for ease of use.
FLEXIBLE FIT PLAIN FLAT STAINLESS STEEL HAVANA HALTER
- Use a leather cream such as Effax Leather Balsam to nourish and moisturise the leather. You will need to pay particular attention to the headpiece and make sure it is well moisturised.
- During the first two weeks of use you should cream your bridle 2-3 times per week to lubricate the leather fibres.
- DO NOT condition the leather every day after the first two weeks.
- DO NOT EVER use liquid oil.
- Once the leather is soft and well-conditioned, maintenance should be minimal. Occasional creaming is recommended once every 1-2 months.
- An occasional saddle soap can be used and can be wiped with a damp cloth at owner’s discretion by following product label directions. Do not use product on the bridle every day.
- If your bridle looks cracked or creased, you have not given the leather adequate leather conditioner, or not adequately conditioned the bridle before use.
- Clean your patent with a petroleum jelly (minimal amount)